Our quick and convenient physical helps commercial drivers fulfill regulatory Department of Transportation requirements. All commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers are required to have a Department of Transportation (DOT) Medical Examination every two years.
In virtually all cases, we will provide an examination within one work day and will strive to provide a same-day appointment if at all possible.
What to expect at your visit:
- Wear clean, comfortable clothes. Sign in at the front desk. We will supply the required forms, including the DOT Medical Examination Report with “Driver Information” and “Health History” sections included. You will complete your sections at our office.
- The practicioner will perform an examination, including:
- Review of your health history – If you take medications you must bring them with you on the day of the exam.
- Urine Test – Make sure you drink enough liquids before you come in for your examination.
- A physical exam including height, weight, blood pressure, pulse rate, breathing, eyes, ears, etc.
- We’ll complete your Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination form and a Medical Examiner’s Certificate (Wallet Card) as appropriate. You will be able to take the completed documents with you.
- If you need, we can fax the DOT physical form and certificate to your company. We also can send the form to your primary care provider at your request.
Call (814) 672-3333 to set up an appointment for your DOT physical exam. Payment options are cash or credit/debit card only.